Thursday, March 17, 2011

S U C C E S S


Few days back my mother called me. She asked me a question which was completely unexpected for me. Mummy asked, When will you become successful? As I was not prepared to answer this question I said in next 5 years you’ll see me as a successful person.

After our conversation I thought that did I answer her question correctly or I just answered her as a formality? Is the span of 5 years enough to create my own identity in society? Sincerely speaking this is a topic of debate. Time required for becoming successful in life depends upon intensity of fire within you which doesn’t allow you to sleep until you achieve set target. I was not aware of exact answer. So I decided to ask my friends about their understanding of SUCCESS…


Rahul, a science graduate said, “I’ll call myself successful if within next 5 years I’ll be able to alleviate all problems associated with my family.”

 Ameesh, a software engineer &former employee of IBM said,” If my work appears in newspaper, television or when people recognize me after kind of work I do then I can say that I’ve achieved something in life.”  

 Lokesh, who holds a bachelors degree in agriculture said, “I would call myself successful if in next 5 years I get a class I officer job in state government which would not only make me happy but my parents will also feel proud on me. My success will also depend on marrying a girl as per wish of my parents.”

My opinion on success was that when society will start treating me as an important person or when I’ll enjoy my work then I would consider myself as a successful person.
After these views I came to a conclusion that everybody has different perception about success. Some consider themselves successful when they achieve financial stability whereas some prefer to measure their success on basis of their place in society. Or some people feel successful when they relieve pain from others life.

Finally I would like to say that Choice, not circumstances, determines your success.  

AMBAVANE's 

7 comments:

  1. Well Written, bhai bhari lihayla lagle naaa vhai!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ek number....
    well written, i like your thoughts ..
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely right bro. We are not people who lives below Bridge (PULA KHAMACHE).
    But i kno 1 thing u b come successful only wen u ll b satisfied wit ur LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said brother... to each his own.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) so nice to read your post :)
    and yes,totally agree with your definition of success :)

    ReplyDelete